Employment and Internships - Hammer Museum
Art Students of Los Angeles: Here is an opportunity you MUST check out!
The Hammer Museum is looking for art students to assist Piero Golia with his ongoing project during Made in L.A. – the Hammer’s biennial exhibition featuring 35 Los Angeles artists.
For Made in L.A. 2014, Golia stages the creation of a sculpture as the first part of a four-act project that will continue beyond the exhibitionand outside of the Hammer. Artisans working throughout the run of the exhibition will replicate a fullsize fragment of Mt. Rushmore—specifically, George Washington’s nose. Emblematic of the open gesture of public art, the desire to embrace a wide audience and to illustrate the process of sculpting at its most elementary, this monumental project will reveal its form over the course of the exhibition.
- Exhibition dates: June 15th – September 7th
- Must be able to commit to one day/week during run of exhibition
- Flexible schedule during exhibition hours: Tuesday-Friday from 11am – 8pm, Saturday & Sunday from 11am – 5pm
- Some experience with sculpture and/or installation desired
- Students participating in the project will be eligible to participate in Hammer Student professional development programs, including workshops and discussion groups.
APPLICATION: Please send a cover letter, resume with availability, and link to portfolio (if available) to email@example.com and include “Piero Golia Assistant” in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Selected applicants will be contacted.
- Hammer Museum